Our Kids...

Our Kids...

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sky's Golf...














A little Eye Mishap and Tournament Update.........
I didn't get a chance to write about Skylar's golf last thursday so, here is an update on both tournaments. To sum up last week, he didn't play so hot. He struggled all day and even shot an 8 on one of the holes and he ended up at 83.. Wow-  He was pretty down all day and said, I have shot this bad before but, for some reason this just feels really bad... So, we will just forget about last week and move on-

Eye MISHAP...
At practice this week, without mentioning names. A friend of Skylar's was swinging his golf club around to warm up. Skylar went down to pick up a golf ball when he was struck with a nine iron in his eye. The boys took Sky to the hospital to get him stitched up, the doctor said he was so so close to being struck directly in the eye. He would have been blind- He has been swollen, black and blue and sore. But, I think it has all been worth it for all the hugs girls give him at school because they feel so bad for him. Thank goodness he has a week to recover before Homecoming...

Sept 18th- Tournament
Steve couldn't come watch today because of work. We are starting to think that maybe Mom should just come from now on. I am a good luck charm, and for some reason everytime I am around he plays a little better. Ohhhhhh- I just want to believe that, it makes me feel better.
He played really strong today and was really confident.  He was playing pars across the board, he had one boggie and then birdied 18. He finished at 73- 72 was par and that is what Steve Wade shot for 2nd and McCoy a new golfer on Dixie shot a 67 (good job McCoy).. It was a great day and way to go One eyed Sky-

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Great shots of Sky. I loved the one of you behind the tree. That is my favorite. hahah It was so nice meeting you at the last tournament & hope to see you more. Keep bloggin girl. i'll invite you to our blog too. Cindy (McCoy's mom)