Happy Labor Day everyone... 3 years ago today, My youngest brother David died... It is a bitter sweet day. It gives me a day to ponder and remember him. He was 26 when he died, and full of life with an amazing charismatic smile... He could light up a room, and had so much personality. Dave was a great Uncle to all of his nieces and nephews... He loved hanging out with them and always tried to spend a lot of one on one time with each of them. The summer before he died he helped my son Skylar and some of his friends set up a tent in my parents yard, he loved the outdoors and camping... Some of my kids memories of him are at Lake Powell, he was crazy on the jetskii's and always wanted to be on them. He would build bond fires at night and sit out around the fire with the kids and talk to them about the stars and life. He was always very supportive of their sports and tried to come to as many as he could. He came to many of my kids halloween parades at the elementary. He loved top ramen, mushroom pizza's, well really anything with Mushrooms.. That Same summer he asked if he could tend Lucas David.. When we came home we found him in the front yard teaching him how to putt, still to this day Luke loves golf.. Their are many similarities between my Luke and David. They can both smile their way out of anything. Last year on David's birthday Feb 9th I asked some of my kids to write down some of their memories of David.. This one was Hannah's, she was 12 years old, she learn to love Jack Johnson music because of her Uncle David. They rode down one time together in the same car. They fought about what they were going to listen to, her music or his. So, they decided to alternate everyother song.. Listen to one of hers and then one of his.. Whenever she hears Jack Johnson she thinks about Uncle David... In her letter she wrote-
My Uncle Dave... Their are so many reasons why I love my Uncle. You know david was not like any of my Uncles. David didn't hang out with the adults, he took time to play with us kids! 5 reasons what and how David means to me..
The D- is for daring. He really is a guy who is daring. He would do things that many people
wouldn't do.
The A- I think of the word Amazing. Truly David was so amazing.
The V- WOw, David was just so cool and weird in various ways!
The I- this might not seem like a word that relates to the letter I but, I think of telling Dave that " I love him" Because I do.. You know David is one special guy and that is why I love him.
The D- Darling, not in the way of like saying your cute, even though he is. I think of how cute and nice he was to Lucas David Schone.
I get scared at night that people that have died that I know will come visit me. I don't want them to. But, david is that guy that helps me, feel comfort when I need it. If David was here right now I would tell him this, "David Happy Birthday, I love you and I want you to know that you are the man...HAHA but, truly I love you and keep on Rockin'......Love, Hannah
We love you Dave and miss you-
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your brother David. It is so nice that you can reflect and celebrate what a great brother and uncle he was.
Post a Comment