Our day to day Adventures: Because every day is an adventure in our home....
Our Kids...
Monday, September 8, 2008
Hannah's Striker Soccer Team
Hannah is on the Stiker's soccer team. They played saturday and both teams were 0-0 with 2 minutes to play and then her team made a goal to win.. Way to go Hannah.....
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Hi! I'm one of Lisa Qualls' (abushel-and-apeck.blogspot.com) daughters (Mimi), and I saw your comment on my mom's blog. I just wanted to let you know that I'm glad that my parents' story is inspiring others.
You may read the story about the little boy on the beach at low tide, and how he was running up and down the beach, picking up stranded starfish and throwing them out into the water. A man walked up to him and put his hand on his shoulder, "Hey kid, why do you even bother? There's no way you can rescue all of the starfish. You're not really making a difference."
The little boy looked down, a shadow on his face, then he looked at one of the starfish at his feet, picked it up, and put it in the water. Then he turned to the man and said, "I made a difference to that one."
The man stared for a moment, then he bent down and started picking up the starfish and helping the little boy put them in the water. Pretty soon, people all up and down the beach were helping. All of the starfish were saved.
It may be kind of cheesy, but I can see the beginnings of something like this happening with the orphan crisis. :)
Yea Hannah! Thanks for the pictures of the baptism. Those things are hard to pull off with little notice. FYI my mother does not pass on family info to her married daughters.
Hannah is so grown up I can't even believe it. I think I will get a cat. I deserve it! ha ha. I miss you guys too! In fact I just talked to Nicole two days ago and decided that I do need to come down for a weekend with Broch. Maybe October when things slow down a bit. Everything is so crazy right now with the new school getting started and me coaching cheer again but, In some ridiculous way I love being busy and stressed. It makes life interesting. Pizza Factory was getting very old very fast. I miss you guys though and so does my mother. She told me at Sunday dinner how good it was to talk on saturday and how much she misses being with your kids and at your house. Shes loves you guys! So do I! Hope everything is going well. Tell everybody hi and I hope to make a visit real soon.
5 comments:
Hi! I'm one of Lisa Qualls' (abushel-and-apeck.blogspot.com) daughters (Mimi), and I saw your comment on my mom's blog. I just wanted to let you know that I'm glad that my parents' story is inspiring others.
You may read the story about the little boy on the beach at low tide, and how he was running up and down the beach, picking up stranded starfish and throwing them out into the water. A man walked up to him and put his hand on his shoulder, "Hey kid, why do you even bother? There's no way you can rescue all of the starfish. You're not really making a difference."
The little boy looked down, a shadow on his face, then he looked at one of the starfish at his feet, picked it up, and put it in the water. Then he turned to the man and said, "I made a difference to that one."
The man stared for a moment, then he bent down and started picking up the starfish and helping the little boy put them in the water. Pretty soon, people all up and down the beach were helping. All of the starfish were saved.
It may be kind of cheesy, but I can see the beginnings of something like this happening with the orphan crisis. :)
God bless you,
Mimi
Hmmmm...I meant to say "You may HAVE read the story..."
haha.
Way to go Hannah! I know all those cute girls! Sounds like a great game, lots of good defense.
Yea Hannah! Thanks for the pictures of the baptism. Those things are hard to pull off with little notice. FYI my mother does not pass on family info to her married daughters.
Hannah is so grown up I can't even believe it. I think I will get a cat. I deserve it! ha ha. I miss you guys too! In fact I just talked to Nicole two days ago and decided that I do need to come down for a weekend with Broch. Maybe October when things slow down a bit. Everything is so crazy right now with the new school getting started and me coaching cheer again but, In some ridiculous way I love being busy and stressed. It makes life interesting. Pizza Factory was getting very old very fast. I miss you guys though and so does my mother. She told me at Sunday dinner how good it was to talk on saturday and how much she misses being with your kids and at your house. Shes loves you guys! So do I! Hope everything is going well. Tell everybody hi and I hope to make a visit real soon.
Love- Millie
Post a Comment