
















Labor Day Weekend we went up to our Cabin as a family. Most of my (Deborah's) Side of the family came up- The weather was perfect and it is always fun to hang out with cousins. The Day before we were to head up to Bear Lake my Mom called and asked us to stop by and see Goompa. THat is what we call our grandpa:) He wasn't doing very good and thought he might pass away soon. We all got to say goodbye and see him, which meant so much. We continued on to Bear Lake, where we had a wonderful time. The morning around 1:00am on Labor Day my Mom called from Salt Lake to tell us that Goompa had passed away. She had been with us for the weekend and then on Sunday had a feeling she needed to go home to be with her Dad. It was September 7th and my brother Robert's birthday... It was nice that we were all together when we got the news. They weren't going to have the funeral until September 14th.. We drove back up from St. George to attend the funeral. After the my Grandfather's viewing we went back to my Mom's when we got the call that Grandma Duke, Steve's grandma had passed away. We couldn't believe it- We were happy for the both of them, since they had lived wonderful lifes. We drove home right after the funeral to be home for Hannah's 14th birthday. Then Steve and I drove back up to Salt Lake to attend Grandma Duke's viewing and funeral.. We will miss them both so much.. It will be hard not having them here but, I am happy that they can reunite with their loved ones again-
We love you Goompa and Grandpa Duke...
1 comment:
I had no idea Goompa had passed away. I'm glad you guys were able to see him just before.
I'm enjoying the updates. :)
Post a Comment