Our Kids...

Our Kids...

Monday, October 19, 2009

Cedar City... Keeping Tradition's alive-















Every year for almost 40 years we have been taking a girls cousin trip to Cedar City to see the Shakespearen Festival. You have to be 8 years old and a cousin on the Barton side. We usually stay at the same Motel, "The El Rey Inn" and we get around 25 rooms and we stay for 4 days and see an outdoor play each night.. We always have a great time and sometimes it is the only time that we see some of our relatives. My Grandma "Nana" and her sister started the tradition and we are now on 4 generations in some cases. My Nana went, My Mother goes, I go and I take 2 of my girls.. It is all about the tradition and being together as relatives.
Who knows how long we will keep doing it.. But, I do love the tradition, I am just thinking of maybe changing the location. Like maybe to a shopping/spa girls weekend..hehe
BUT, for now here are some photos from Cedar City...

1 comment:

angela said...

love that tradition--how fun!