Our Kids...

Our Kids...

Monday, March 16, 2009

So, Stupid... I sprained my ankle-





Saturday night Steve and I were in the backyard discussing if we wanted to finish landscaping a corner of our yard that never got done. It is all dirt and My kids have made a baseball diamond out of it. Noah the brilliant child he is, built a place for spectators to watch the game out of a big piece of wood and put it on cinderblocks, kinda like bleachers.. He dug a trench down for you to put your feet when you are sitting on the board. Well, I was standing on the board with Zak and went to step off and didn't look down, my foot went into the trench and I went down,.. I mean down to the ground.. I rolled my ankle and started to freak out. I am not so good with pain. It hurt so bad, I wanted to throw up.. I said, a few bad words that I am still repenting for now (to my kids).. Steve and Hunter carried me into the house and put me on the couch. Kicking and screaming.. I was in so much pain, it swelled up huge.. I iced it immediatly and they left me for dead. Ok, I asked just to be left alone.. I didn't like icing it so, much. It was killing and freezing, I don't like pain. I did the best I could.
About 2 hours later, it finally started to feel better. A little better, like a little. I could finally breath a little.. I sat there all night.. I didn't have any desire to move. I did get help to my room, and got my pajamas on. That night Steve had to get up with Zak. Zak even slept the best he has ever slept. Of course, isn't that how it always is. Well, I have crutches so, I used them all day Sunday. It is now Monday and I found a big metal boot, I gave the crutches up. Way too hard- The boot was one of my kids for a past injury, just like the crutches were. I started to hobble around today on it. It is still huge like a Cankle instead of an ankle. I had to run some errands, so I had Nicole drive me around. YOu are probaly asking if I went and got it x-rayed. The answer is,"NO" I have decided to wait a couple of days and see how I am feeling. So, for now I am hobbling around with a bummed ankle. So Stupid.. Did I mention it is our spring break and all of my kids are out of school until next Tuesday... Joy!!!

4 comments:

Rapunzel said...

ok...OUCH! I'm sorry. That looks like it hurts. Well, if you need someone to finish your backyard (so that doesn't happen again:) my husband could do that!! I hope your ankle is ok.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping in my blog. Feel free to list ours on yours. You have a beautiful family. Wow!! More kids than us....that is impressive. Are you guys anywhere close? I can't find where you are from. Sorry about the ankle....don't you just hate injuries like that?

gina said...

So sorry about your ankle - it looks so swollen! Nothing worse than mom being down - everything seems to fall apart doesn't it?? Your kids just keep growing - and I'll bet they are loving your new little one. It must be so fun. I love the hands picture. I have a friend who has a "salt & pepper" family too - she would love that picture. She is a colorful character herself - an old high school friend living a very high drama life but fun to read! (http://luckythirteenandgrowing.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Ouch! I loved your dramatic story...it made me laugh...sorry. I am sure it must of hurt, it was just so funny when you wanted to be left for dead. I hope it's better now.