









My Parents about 3 months ago called us and asked our family if Steve and I and our 4 oldest kids and Nicole would like to go on a Church History tour in July with them. We of course were so appreciative and excited to go. We just got back from going and it was better then we could have planned. We went with Mormon Heritage and they were great, I would highly recommend them if you wanted to take your family. They do it all, from booking your airfare and it includes food, motel and they have it all taken care of. You just go where they tell you and you learn so much about our pioneers and the stories they left us.
I went 10 years ago on the same tour with no kids so, it meant a lot more for me to go back this time with some of my kids. My highlight had to be the Nauvoo Temple. When I was there last time there wasn't a temple just the 4 cornerstones. So, to pull up and to see the gorgeous temple was an amazing site.. My parents friends Wayne and Joan Peterson is the Temple President there. We got to see them and learn a little more about the temple then we would normally have.
We went to Kansas City, Independence, Missouri, Far West, Adam-Ondi-Aham, Liberty Jail, Quincy, Illinois, Hannibal Missouri, Nauvoo Illinois, Carthage Jail, Iowa, Omaha, Nebraska.. As you can see we were very busy..
We went with Our family, Nicole Hadley, Sue Neimoyer and Deb Grant, Steve and Diana Dyer, Jim and Robin Pedersen, Ann and Jon Sabourin, Michelle, Howard, Megan, Howie, Shannon and Brooke Harmer, Rod and Rebecca and Jennilyn Sorensen, Jessica and Paul Dunford, Robert, Kim, Todd, Andrew Pedersen, Chelsey and Jordan Lawer... There were another 20 on the bus.. It was a wonderful experience we will never forget.
Thanks Mom and Dad for an incredible memory that we loved..
7 comments:
Holy moley!!!! I want to go but with all your family and MINE!!!!!! Wow!!! That must have been the most amazing experience!!! Once in a life time MEMORY!!!
what a great trip! i have wanted to go to nauvoo for a long time. looking at all of your post, you guys have had a busy but fun summer!
and it was so good to talk to you last night! sometimes you just need to feel some validation, ya know? i feel better about things today. we'll talk again soon.
Deborah I loved your post..great family memories!! Add me to your bloglist too...it is great to reconnect. my blog is The Whitnah Wire www.whittynews.blogspot.com
Oh my goodness, you have been one busy mamma. Looks like you guys have been having so much fun! I cannot believe how big Zachary is getting. Seriously, I want to squeeze his chubby cheeks! He's darling!
Nauvooooo. I love Nauvoo. I think that is so cool that your family could do the pageant. My sister in law's family growing up, did it every summer! Amazing. Married my brother and they did it. We came to watch and that week... that place... and of course the beautiful, emotional spiritual history and meaning just makes it one of my favorite places on earth. If I could marry Weston again - for fun (!) I'd choose the Nauvoo temple. I love that temple and the way it feels "old" -My testimony grew so much there. Carthage. Liberty. Adam-ondi...amen (sp?).
How wonderful for your children - to feel and experience that while young. I miss you and your energy and your smile! Glad your summer is full of good things.
Looks like a great trip. I will have to look into that for my family next summer.
Hey! I'm so glad that I was peeking on my sister's blog and you were there! How fun is that? I only live 4 hours from Nauvoo! I have lived here over a year and haven't been yet! I totally need to go!
Post a Comment