Our Kids...

Our Kids...

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A FOUNDATION IS SET UP IN HONOR OF MY BROTHER-






My little brother David B. Pedersen died 3 years ago at the age of 26 from a accidental drug overdose. He is the youngest of 8 children. As a family we set up a foundation in his name to do many good things. One of the things that my parents started doing soon after he died was to go to 3 different High Schools and give out scholarships in his name. This year they gave 10 $1000 scholarships at East High School and the one I was able to attend was Olympus High School (where David attended but, graduated from Cottonwood) they also gave out $1000 scholarships to another 10 kids. The kids write an essay of some of their trials in their life and how they overcame them. The kids are so amazing and are going on to do great things and attend college. I was so lucky to be apart of such a great day in honor of my brother Dave.. I have to mention my 92 year old grandpa "goompa" he still plays his violin..

No comments: