
Summer has been crazy. But, I definatly can't complain, we had an awesome summer. It was just so full that we went from one thing to the next until school started and now we are able to start to slow down and get back into a schedule...
As most of you know our family had a chance to go to Kauai, Hawaii for 5 weeks this summer. WOW!!It was so great to go back to where we lived and spend time with so many friends. The Summerhays, The Murrays, The Herr's to name some that we call our Hawaii family. They made it so great to stay so long, we had such a hard time leaving. But, we know we will be back- Hannah and Nicole came back early so that Hannah could go to girls camp. She is growing up so fast and had a great time. Steve and Skylar and Hunter came after me because Sky had golf tournaments and Hunter went to BYU tennis camp.. We had a great time !!!
After returning from Hawaii, I have since been able to attend my 20 year High School Reunion, what a fun couple of nights, just to be able to hang out and talk to old friends. Steve and I worked in a booth in Salt Lake, for a company that Steve started with our friends the McCardells at the Outdoor Retailers show in Salt Lake. The company is called Chilkat Outfitters, the booth Rocked- Shawn, Wendy and Ben Oyler have been working really hard on it. Hats off to them. All their hard work and time on the new designs have paid off. Josh Sorensen, my nephew came and worked a few days with us. I loved it- I was able to play at Districts for the Womens St. George tennis team. We had a blast, and I got to see all my friends from the Orem Golds Gym team.
Skylar has been playing a lot of golf and Hunter tennis.. They both attended E.F.Y at BYU (Thanks to Grammy and Grandpapa) and loved it. I love the high they are on when they come home- I took Hannah and Kenya and went to Cedar City for 3 days with 60 1st and 2nd cousins on my Mom's side for the Shakespearan Festival. We have been going for 40 years thanks to my Nana and Goompa...
The kids started school on Tuesday... We just finished our 1st week- and that is where we are at in a nut shell...
After shopping for school supplies, getting everyone registered for school, buying new school clothes, school shoes and getting lockers cleaned out at home. We are ready to start- Luke had a few rough couple of days at Kindergarten. He has since switched teachers and we start tomorrow with a new one. He is so excited-
Skylar and Hunter are in High School as a Junior and Sophomore. Hannah is in Intermediate as a 7th grader and Kenya, Noah and Luke are in Elementary. Emma is home with Mommy.. The kids are growing fast and I am loving every stage... I am very, very lucky to have such great kids..
I am looking forward to keeping up on our new Blog to be able to give our family and friends our family updates as well as keeping a journal for us on our families adventures. Because every single day in our home is an adventure-
2 comments:
Deborah... Your family is so cute!!! It seems like I haven't seen them all for ever!! I will definitely keep up with you and all that you guys do!! Good luck with adopting. Love- Jessica
Deb and family...I love the idea of this blog. Thank you for sharing and keeping us updated. It might even give us the incentive to start one ourselves. Thanks for your great example and love. We love you guys and look forward to MANY more years sharing our little "chocolate angels" together. Good luck with your son...we will pray for you! Isn't it a great journey!!
XOXO Rebecca and family
Post a Comment